Remember that game of telephone you’d play as a kid? The one where a chain of people would individually whisper a word or phrase to one another, with the last person revealing the (usually incredibly inaccurate) message?
In the workplace, as in the game of telephone, word-of-mouth can go wildly wrong. Yet in business, the stakes are much higher.
That’s where Owler comes into play. As part of our Savvy Marketer’s Guide to Owler, we’re following our post Get Your Brand in Front of 1 Million+ Business Professionals with some tips and tricks to get everyone within your own organization on the same page.
Make sure everyone at your organization is fully informed about your industry, competitors, and your own organization’s content.
Give your team a competitive advantage.
Owler is core to your competitive strategy. A key component of outcompeting your competitors is intel — you want your entire team to know who those competitors are, what they’re doing, and when they’re doing it. Owler’s website and email products ensure that all your team members are up to speed.
For instance, let’s say you’re the Marketing Manager at Security Company A. When Security Company B announces they are shuttering a business unit that your company is dominating in, it’s important that everyone at your organization is aware of this new competitive advantage, and differentiator as soon as the news break. Having quick access to the latest competitive news equips your team seize market opportunities, and stay ahead.
So instead of spending hours upon hours assembling a competitive update email, let us do the heavily lifting. Each day, within Owler’s Daily Snapshot we’ll automatically send your team a roundup of your competitors’ news, so your team benefits from all the updates without the manual hassle.
Share your company message with your team.
Most of us have been there: You publish an impactful thought leadership piece, only to have it go unnoticed by your coworkers. Or your company puts out a press release, but only a handful of employees ever see it. Or maybe your team is fully aware of the latest and greatest news from your company, because you painstakingly hand-curate an internal marketing newsletter. Whether you’re struggling to get the word out or just investing too much of your time into doing it, let Owler distribute your blog posts and news articles for you.
It’s important that each and every member of your organization is up to date with the company’s external branding. After all, these are the people who represent your company.
Anyone from your organization who is a member of the Owler Community will automatically be notified when you publish a new blog post or make the news, within Owler’s Daily Snapshot. You can just do your thing — write, publish, and market, that is — and we’ll pick up your work through our RSS feeds. Each day we process 11,000 news articles and 22,000 blog posts, so whatever you accomplish, produce, or write, we’ll make sure that your teammates hear about it.
Sync up your team.
When your entire team connects on Owler, it strengthens the experience for everyone. By using the wisdom of crowds, Owler gains more accurate data on your company’s competitors. It also compiles a list of companies that your team collectively cares about.
How can you make the most of Owler for teams?
- Invite your colleagues to Owler. Get your whole team on Owler. If you’re signed into Owler, you can navigate in the top right hamburger menu and click ‘Invite Your Team.’ If you aren’t signed in, go to our homepage and enter their email addresses. Better yet, do this at scale. Work with department heads to get a list of their teams emails, and email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sign up everyone on your behalf for free.
- Keep your entire organization in sync. When you sign up for Owler with your work email, your new account will automatically update you on the latest news and results from your company, competitors, and other relevant companies. Plus, everyone within your organization will see the same news, so you can easily stay entirely in sync.
- Customize your Owler experience. Owler is for everyone: sales, marketing, business development, executives, engineering, product management, finance, legal, operations, and anyone in between. Each department and user can customize Owler to deliver news and alerts on the companies that matter to them. Your prospects, customers, vendors, partners, and of course your own company and competitors.
- Make sure your company appears in the best light. Our Opinion Polls gauge your company’s employees, competitors, and the general community’s perceptions on dozens of topics including CEO ratings, diversity, marketing, and culture. Owler’s sentiment scores get considerable media coverage as they are a true market view of internal and external sentiments about company perceptions. Make sure your team is aware of these company metrics and has the opportunity to weigh in, and provide their sentiment by answering Owler Opinion Poll questions.
- Send out an email/newsletter introducing Owler. You can include a few articles and company scores that they’d see on Owler, and provide instructions for how to sign up. Or, let them know you’ve signed them up, and they’ll start receiving the content, reminding them via email, messaging platforms, or face-to-face. You might even want to hold a company-wide competition to see which team can get the most members signed up the fastest… after all, we’re all about the competitive spirit.
Keep an eye out for our next post about how to Boost Your Employment Brand with Owler!
Want to learn more about The Savvy Marketer’s Guide to Owler?
- Read our introductory post here.
- Part 1: Get Your Brand in Front of 1 Million+ Business Professionals
- Part 3: Boost Your Employment Brand With Owler
- Part 4: Bolster Your Marketing With Owler’s Weekly Showdown