John Barrows is an active Owler community member and sales professional. John learned a lot about what works and doesn’t work in Sales and loves sharing the tips and techniques he has found to have had an impact along the way. His main goal is to improve the overall education and quality of Sales by sharing ideas and techniques that work.
3 Tips from John Barrows to Increase Your Sales:
1.) Differentiate Yourself
• Research the account before I make the call to ensure I always have a relevant reason to reach out to them
• Send a ‘shared agenda’ before every meeting and ask for their feedback
• Write down my SMART goals before the meeting so I am crystal clear on what I am trying to get accomplished
• Sending thank you cards after the meeting
2.) Talk to Strangers
• In sales you never know when a conversation with someone will lead to a new opportunity.
• Practice approaching people, what questions get the best responses, active listening and making sure you’re clear on what they are saying.
• Pay attention to what’s working and what’s not so you can transfer that to help make you some money when it counts.
3.) Improve Your Response to “Send Me More Information”
• Ask What/When/Why. What information would you like to see? When would you like to see it? and why?
• Schedule a follow-up call in exchange for sending over more information
• Never send information without getting something tangible in return.
How John Barrows Uses Owler:
Learn more about John Barrows by visiting his website: https://jbarrows.com/