Owler shows off your company’s best qualities. Whether you want to showcase your funding, news mentions, or growth, we’re here to make you look your best. We’ll give you the full nine yards on why and how Owler can help with your recruitment efforts.
Recruiting great talent takes a lot of energy, a ton of time, and as we know all too well, it takes so much more than a job posting to stand out in the hypercompetitive hiring market. It requires carefully crafting your job description, reaching out to qualified candidates, choosing relevant channels, and building a strong employment brand. But even if that posting reaches the right people at the right time, hiring is two-way street: and those candidates need to be interested enough in your company to invest hours in the interview process.
That’s where Owler can help. Let your Owler profile be the go-to resource when potential candidates are researching your brand, much as beloved businesses proudly display their five-star Yelp ratings. Similarly, your Owler profile provides a market view of all the wonderful things your company has to offer.
As part of our Savvy Marketer’s Guide to Owler, this post will cover some tips and tricks to use Owler to recruit job candidates. In our first installment, we explained how Owler can help you Get Your Brand in Front of 1 Million+ Business Professionals. Then in chapter two, we showed you how you can Get Your Whole Company on the Same Page With Owler.
How can you use Owler to recruit?
Owler is the best way for candidates to get a holistic view of your company with information like revenue, headcount, primary competitors, and CEO perception. And when job seekers visit your company profile, they’ll also see a roundup your latest press coverage, news, and blog posts.
Here are a few tips for how you can use your Owler profile to showcase your company, differentiate your brand, and help candidates research opportunities:
- Link to Owler in job postings. Make it easy for applicants to grasp everything that your company is and does by linking to your Owler company profile. To do this, visit your company profile on Owler, then copy-paste that URL.
- Put Owler on your careers page. Spice up your careers page by adding a little orange Owler. Make all information, news, and updates about your company ultra-accessible to potential applicants. Download here: (32px color, 32px grey, 48x color, 48px grey)
- Sign off recruiting emails with Owler. Communicating with candidates via email? Slap the link to your Owler company profile onto your email signature. It’s an easy and effortless way to direct interested parties to the latest news on your company. Bonus tip: Also include the Owler social icon in the footer of your marketing emails.
- Show off your high scores. Do people love your CEO? Direct candidates to your CEO rating on Owler. While it’s great to tell a candidate about all the reasons they should want to work with you, it’s far more powerful to show it. Owler Opinion Polls gauge a company’s employees, competitors, and the general community’s perceptions on dozens of topics. So when your company scores high in any given category, be sure to highlight that when communicating with potential employees.
- Make due diligence easy for candidates. Owler streamlines the research process: our News pages help show which stories hold more weight and show a chronological list of all stories about your company from over 5,300 news sources and 1.5 million blogs, making it easier for candidates to drill into updates on your company.
Stay ahead of the recruiting game.
Plan to pounce.
As any recruiter knows, recruiting isn’t just about casting a wide net and seeing what swims into it — you have to take a targeted approach. By understanding what motivates recruits, you’re better able to identify the events that open their eyes and ears to new employment opportunities.
And whatever those opportunities may be, Owler can help you keep a pulse on when they happen and where. Owler’s Instant Insights notify you about funding events, acquisitions, and leadership changes — all of which can affect candidates from your target set of companies — giving you the intel you need to contact the right candidate at the right time.
Keep your eye on the ball.
Recruiting is just as, if not more, competitive than other departments in your company. Because in the end, it’s the people who make a company.
That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on your competitors when you’re looking to hire. For instance, if a round of layoffs shakes up your competitor’s company, you’ll want to be able to swoop in and hire the people who will help make your business better.
On the other hand, if your competitor just received a boatload of funding, you’ll need to be in the know.
Attract passive candidates.
Anyone who follows your company on Owler will automatically be notified when you publish a blog post or make the news, within Owler’s Daily Snapshot. Each day we process 11,000 news articles and 22,000 blog posts, so whatever you accomplish, produce, or write, we’ll make sure that interested applicants hear about it.
Keep an eye out for our next post about how to use the Owler Weekly Showdown to market smarter!
Want to learn more about The Savvy Marketer’s Guide to Owler?
- Read our introductory post here.
- Part 1: Get Your Brand in Front of 1 Million+ Business Professionals
- Part 2: Get Your Whole Company on the Same Page with Owler
- Part 4: Bolster Your Marketing With Owler’s Weekly Showdown