So, you’re looking for a new job.
We’ve all been there before. It’s daunting, and knowing where to start can be a challenge.
Perhaps you’re fresh out of college, eager to dive in and get your feet wet. Maybe you have years of experience and are actively seeking a new environment, a role with more impact, or a different direction entirely. Or, you could be passively looking at new opportunities, keeping your eyes peeled and ears open… just in case.
Owler curates accurate data about the companies YOU care about. It reduces the buzz and noise experienced with other daily news feeds. Each day, over 30K pieces of unique data is added by members of Owler’s business community. This means you can get the lowdown on small, private companies that would otherwise be unavailable.
Here are three ways Owler will make your job search more efficient.
- Follow Companies You Want to Work For
Let’s say you want to work for an organization providing smart product design and consulting services. IDEO, for example. Perhaps they don’t have any openings that fit. That’s okay! By following IDEO on Owler you’ll discover information and news about their industry competitors. You can access all this information through Owler’s Competitive Graph.
Now, you have a wealth of knowledge about similar companies, perhaps some you’ve never heard of. You’re connected to useful job-search information such as CEO rankings, the number of employees, and company financials.
- Outsmart Other Job Seekers
Let’s be frank – the internet holds a ridiculous amount of information. Throughout your job hunt, you can easily become distracted by filtering through immense amounts of daily blog posts and news feeds. Valuable time is wasted.
Owler allows you to focus on the most important details of a company – the “just right” research. To easily access this information, Owler narrows their communication down to three main points of contact throughout the week.
- Daily Snapshot delivers daily news on the companies that matter most to you, as well as any related content. Articles you may have otherwise missed in the swarm of news media will be directed at you.
- Weekly Showdown is Owler’s weekly report comparing your employer against competitors on a variety of topics. (Hold on! I don’t have an employer, that’s why I’m here!?) Set your employer as a company that you are interested in, and comparison companies will pop up. You can change your company at any time.
- Instant Insights are instant trigger-based reports on acquisitions, funding and leadership change happening right now.
You have access to portfolio companies, expansions, funding and leadership changes. All of this can be used to gain insight on the direction of the companies you’d like to work for. This knowledge can be used to reach out to potential employers even before their HR department posts on the job board.
- ‘Wow’ Them with Your Knowledge
You’ve done your research (quickly and effectively). You’ve found an opening in a company you’re dying to work for. And, you qualify for the job.
Let Owler help you hit it out of the park.
Familiarizing yourself with the company’s industry competitors will demonstrate that you’ve done your homework. Using Owler’s competitive sets you can see where the company may be trailing in terms of social media stats, blog posts, and even website design. Numbers are effective – use Owler’s stats. You can bring a lot to an interview by thoughtfully communicating your learnings.
Sign up for Owler today. It’s free! And you’ll discover an effortless way to direct your next career move.