As marketers, we aim to reach the right audience with the right message at the right time. So what do we do? Publish a few blog posts each month, update social media, issue press releases, run paid campaigns, set up prospects on a nurture track, and send out marketing emails. And after all that, we still need to analyze the results.
But it’s become increasingly challenging to reach our target audiences. How many people subscribe to your blog? Can you be certain that everyone who’s interested is aware of your activity? And your latest social media posts, for that matter — unless you pay to boost the reach, even your own followers are likely missing the update. So, how do you ensure that all your company’s interested parties stay up to date with the latest company announcements, press coverage, and blog posts? And, do it all for free? Owler is the answer to your marketing prayers.
Yes, Owler. The same community-based business insights platform that business professionals use daily to stay in the know on the latest business news.
Each morning, over 1 million business professionals receive Owler’s Daily Snapshot, a curated email on the latest news related to the companies a user follows. Many of whom are following your company and industry.
So what does that mean for marketers?
All your followers on Owler will automatically receive the news about your company and your company’s blog posts. Have a key message you want to distribute? Simply publish your blog post, or press release, and Owler picks it up through our RSS feeds. Each day we process 11,000 news articles and 22,000 blog posts. Whatever you accomplish, produce, or write, Owler will handle content distribution, allowing you to more effectively market your brand, automatically keep followers up to date, build links, and gain exposure.
This information is also available on our web platform, which millions of business professionals use to research companies and competitors of those companies.
Plus, Owler distributes your content within other channels. We tweet out each and every Instant Insight, article, and blog post that we process and our data appears on various websites , including SalesLoft, InsideSales, Marketo, Outreach, and Comparably.
Owler is an essential platform for building brand awareness. It’s free, easy-to-use, and widespread — simply having an Owler company profile can help you gain exposure and bolster brand authority in several different ways. For instance:
- Free Marketing Outreach: Push marketing content to your followers automatically, without running any paid campaigns. Whenever you publish blog posts, press releases, and marketing videos, Owler adds them to your company profile. And better yet, your followers will be alerted in their Daily Snapshot.
- Gain Market Share: Owler’s Competitive Relationship Graph associates your company’s profile with those of your competitors. So when you publish major news, Owler will not only update your followers, but we’ll update your competitors’ followers as well — thus expanding your reach and helping new prospective users/customers discover your company.
Visit your company profile on Owler, and take note of your number of followers. Now, compare your follower count to that of your competitors. If theirs is higher, it means that they’re reaching a wider target audience and more potential customers. Luckily, changing this imbalance against you is entirely within your control.
You make the news and we’ll spread the word.
The more followers your brand has on Owler, the wider your distribution reach is. Below are a few steps that leading brands have taken to promote their companies on Owler.
- Take your links to the social scene. Encourage your followers across your social networks to follow your company on Owler. You can post a bi-weekly status update with the link to your Owler company profile and add your Owler company profile URL in the description of your company pages on LinkedIn and Facebook. Quick tip: Your Owler company profile URL is the link shown in your browser bar.
- Take it to your blog. Author a blog post about how your users can stay up-to-date on the latest news, innovations, and updates on your brand on Owler. Include a link to your company profile.
- Share exciting company scores across your social networks. We notify you about the dramatic changes to your company scores. When you’re doing well, you’ll want your community to know — share your the bumps and jumps in your ratings via social media, blog, and more.
- Consider incentives. It’s hard to ask for something in exchange for nothing. So you don’t have to. Provide coupon codes, prizes, or giveaways in exchange for a follow on Owler. Better yet, encourage your users to invite friends or colleagues to follow you too. Trust us, it’ll pay off.
- Sign off with social. Add a link to your Owler company profile in the standardized email signature used by your entire company, alongside links to your other social networks. It’s an easy and effortless way to direct customers, partners, and prospects to the latest news on your company. And given that you’re already in touch with these people, it’s fair to assume that they care what you’re up to. Bonus tip: Also include the Owler social icon in the footer of your marketing emails. Click a link to download the little orange owl (32px color, 32px grey, 48x color, 48px grey).
- Owlify your web footer. Add the little orange owl to your web footer as part of your social media icon set so those who are interested in your company can easily stay up to date on the latest news from your brand.
- Include Owler in your newsletter updates. Do you write a quarterly newsletter sent to clients? Then include a blurb about how your community can always stay up to date with the latest and greatest from your company.
Next week stay tuned for tips on promoting your company profile within your organization.
Want to learn more about The Savvy Marketer’s Guide to Owler?
- Read our introductory post here.
- Part 2: Get Your Whole Company on the Same Page With Owler
- Part 3: Boost Your Employment Brand With Owler
- Part 4: Bolster Your Marketing with Owler’s Weekly Showdown